Yesterday, I officially started the Emory Executice MBA program. Fridayand Saturday 8-530pm was our first two days of orientation. There were 52 students in the class with an average age of 36 and 13 years of professional experience.
I was nervous at first but after meeting my class mates and seeing that everyone was just as anxious about how we could all pull this off with a demanding full time I job I felt kinship amongst my cohort.
I wrote down a few things I wanted to get out of the program
- To gain much broader perspective on how different business models are run and managed
- To develop strong leadership and executive presence
- To determine a more clear next step in my career path making significant advancement
- Build a great network with leaders within and outside my industry
- Be able to use the skills I have learned to add value to my job on a daily basis
I also wrote that the reason I want this MBA program was to learn the tools and methods to apply them to become a CEO of a large company.
Here we go!